Tuesday 4 December 2012

Writing Reflection #10

                                                                          Twitter Fiction
Over all this project was a challenge that I feel really made my creative side open up and just think on how to pattern a short story, I had fun writing it (even thought at some times it was frustrating). It took some time to get into the groove of writing your own story but after I got rolling it was a new experience that was kind of fun. I did have a hard time on ending my story and having the typical self conflict of writing, should this character die... or live? Another frustration I had was deciding how to pack all this detail into small fragments of writing, eventually you get a hold of how to organize your thoughts in a way that works but it does take lots of time to get there.
Writing this piece of work made me realize I really connect to the books I'm reading at the time. For example I was reading a book called "Go Ask Alice" and this book happens to be about a girl that is exposed to some serious drug that take her into some life changing experiences. My Twitter Fiction just happens to be about a girl struggling with her addiction after rehab, see the connections? I don’t really have a problem with social networks such as Twitter and such, so when it came time to publish some material it wasn’t a big deal for me. as long as I'm proud about my writing I have no problem sharing my thoughts and stories.
I read a lot of other class mates tweets I didn't unfortunately spend a lot of time exploring out the deeper writers of Twitter Fiction, I was already a Twitter user so spending all this time surfing Twitter has been fun and I do feel like it's a creative way of writing. How big Twitter Fiction got on the web really surprised me, but I guess this was because I hadn’t heard of it before this assignment.
Like I mentioned earlier I am a Twitter user on a regular bases so I didn’t really have a huge perspective change on Twitter since I already acknowledged that Twitter is a very interesting way of writing and people really do use it as a personal diary and writing platform.
I would agree if you were responsible enough to keep your Twitter under control, just as our blog it can be used as a way of putting your work out there productively, such as work or school resumes. Twitter is a huge process that can propel us further and further into creative writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment