Monday 21 January 2013

Weekely Writing Response #8

News Paper Black Out Reflection

I really did enjoy this project, by this time it was a while ago we finished our newspaper blackouts but I can tell you I still feel connected to mine. When writing my poems at first I couldn’t really see much in them but of course all revels itself in time. I wanted my poems to be more than the easy reads, picking out words the grammatically fit together but have no meaning behind them. So I looked and picked out what was highlighted and easy for me to read. Now I do agree some of my poems wouldn’t make sense to just anyone looking and reading them but I had a connection and meaning behind every word I picked out. This of course was one of the difficulties. Making something new out of something old is of course never an easy feat, but I do think it’s also an advantage on a level because it causes for creativity, and after all this is a creative writing class. I found given time almost any student could successfully finish this project, obviously some on other levels then others but it was a fun way for everyone to make their mind work and see the possibilities in writing. As for myself I learnt in this project I like to be out of the norm. I prefer confusing put together of words that for me have a sense of urgency behind them. My thought behind poetry is that it should make you think, and at first glance you should understand words but I feel a true poet has a sense of mystery that takes the second glance to look deeper into the meaning of what is written.
After all isn’t that what poetry is, writing with deeper meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment